In this post, you will see how to unlock bootloader of Black Shark 3 with pc and also you need to know the Pre-Requisites to unlock Black Shark 3.
Unlocking bootloader of Black Shark 3 is the very first process that is required to do before Installing the Mods, Custom Roms and Recoveries.
Even you also need to unlock bootloader for installing the fastboot ROMs. Because the MIUI fastboot ROMs requires an unlocked device.
let’s know some reasons to unlock Black Shark 3 before unlocking.
Pre-Requisites to Unlock Bootloader of Black Shark 3
- 30% battery.
- An Mi Account.
- ADB drivers for Black Shark 3.
- PC and Mi unlock tool should be installed (If you are unlocking the bootloader of Black Shark 3 with pc).
- USB Cable.
- Winrar for extracting the zip files.
How to Check that Black Shark 3 Bootloader is Locked or Not?
- Open settings and go to Additional Settings.
- If you have enabled the developer option in Black Shark 3 then you will see ‘Developer Options ‘.
- Now search for ‘MI Unlock Status’.
- If you see ‘This Device is Locked’ and obviously, Black Shark 3 bootloader is locked.
In the below-given screenshot, you can see the status of Locked device.
Reasons To Unlock Bootloader of Black Shark 3
- Rooting is a task that the Android users often do, And for installing Magisk root in Black Shark 3 you need to unlock the bootloader first.
- For installing any custom recovery such as TWRP.
- To install custom ROMs for Black Shark 3 such as LineageOS, Pixel Experience, and Resurrection Remix.
- Bootloader unlocking is also required for testing beta version MIUI ROMs.
Essential Downloads To Unlock Black Shark 3
How To Unlock Bootloader of Black Shark 3
First of all, make sure you have all essentials for unlocking Black Shark 3.
Extract the zip file of Mi Flash Tool and install the program. Install the essential drivers for Black Shark 3, You can use 15 sec ADB installer for easy installation.
Now you are ready for unlocking.
- Go to Settings -> Additional Settings -> Developer Options > Enable OEM Unlocking and USB Debugging.
- Now, Again Settings -> Mi unlock Status -> Additional Settings -> Developer Options -> Mi unlock status.
- Read the warnings carefully and then tap on agree then Tap on Add Account and Device.
- Power Off your Device.
- Now, connect Black Shark 3 Via USB cable and hold Volume Down and Power button to boot into fastboot mode.
- Open Mi unlock tool application in pc. Click on Agree and here again you need to login with the same mi account which one you have added before in Mi Unlock status.
- Click on Unlock Now.If in case the Unlock button is not highlighted to continue, it means your Black Shark 3 having problems to connect with PC. Just resolve the issue and repeat this procedure again.
- Your process would most probably be failed at 99%, If your mi account doesn’t have the permission to unlock Black Shark 3. Your waiting time would be displayed on the same window.
- Now, you have only one option and that is to wait till the given time and then follow the entire process again to unlock bootloader of Black Shark 3.
- Once the waiting time gets finished then you can unlock Black Shark 3 without any issues.