In this post, you will download the latest version of Mi Mix 2S TWRP (TWRP Polaris) Recovery and you can also see requirements to install TWRP in Mi Mix 2S.
We have a TWRP recovery flasher that is very useful for new users and if you are one of them, try to install TWRP polaris recovery using this method because this method is very easy and safe.
TWRP is the most popular custom recovery and officially this custom Recovery also provides regular updates with fixes.
Here in this post, we have also given how you can install custom ROMs in Mi Mix 2S, create Nandroid Backup, Mods, Gapps Etc. using polaris TWRP.
What is TWRP Recovery?
TWRP is a custom recovery that helps to install Mods, Root (Magisk), Gapps Custom ROMs or third-party firmware etc in Mi Mix 2S.
Requirements to Install TWRP Mi Mix 2S Recovery
For installing TWRP polaris Recovery, make sure to confirm all the below-mentioned stuff.
- Must have unlocked bootloader of Mi Mix 2S.
- Download Universal TWRP Flasher TOOL.
- Sufficient battery to survive for 5 minutes screen on time.
- ADB Fastboot Drivers (15 Sec ADB Installer).
- Download below given TWRP Mi Mix 2S Recovery.
- Lazy flasher in case of any boot loop.
Download TWRP Polaris (TWRP Mi Mix 2S) Recovery
Make sure to have a Nandroid backup of Mi Mix 2S using TWRP before installing any ROM.
Install TWRP Recovery in Mi Mix 2S
Using Tool Kit
This one is an easy and safe method to Install TWRP polaris recovery, Let’s see how to install TWRP Mi Mix 2S Recovery using this tool Kit.
- Connect Mi Mix 2S With pc.
- Now move the Universal TWRP Flasher to C drive.
- Extract the ZIP file and rename the folder as TWRP.
- Download TWRP polaris Recovery from the above-given link.
- Move the recovery ZIP or IMG file to C:\TWRP\Files.
- Finally, It’s all ready to flash TWRP Mi Mix 2S Recovery Go to C:\TWRP.
- If your operating system is based On 64 Bit then open Universal TWRP Flasher 64 BIT otherwise you can execute the Universal TWRP Flasher 32 BIT.
- Click on Ok.
- Now, you will see the warning window- Boot into fastboot mode and flash TWRP Click on OK.
- Now your Mi Mix 2S (polaris) will be boot to Fastboot mode, then after a few seconds, it will boot automatically to TWRP recovery.
If you have Both TWRP. IMG and TWRP.zip files in C:\TWRP\Files–
- Now, you will see another warning window- Go to Advanced > ADB sideload and swipe. After doing so wait for 4-5 seconds then click on OK.
- You need to wipe the internal storage of Mi Mix 2S once to get access on internal storage.
If you have only TWRP.IMG in C:\TWRP\Files
- Go to Wipe > Select Internal Storage and wipe. (This will delete all data of polaris)
- Go to Mount > Enable MTP. (Now you can access the internal storage of Mi Mix 2S from PC)
- Now, Copy the TWRP.IMG from and paste it to Mi Mix 2S > Internal storage.
- Plugout or Disconnect polaris with PC.
- Go to Install > Install image> Browse the TWRP.IMG and install it as Recovery Image.
Using CMD —>
First of all, make sure you have confirmed al the above-mentioned requirements for installing TWRP polaris recovery.
Enter the correct command and do it carefully because flashing files in the wrong partition would definitely result to serious issues for Mi Mix 2S (Polaris).
- Turn On USB debugging of Mi Mix 2S.
- Boot into fastboot or download mode using
adb reboot bootloaderthe command.
- If you get TWRP Mi Mix 2S recovery in ZIP file then extract it to get the recovery.img file.
- Press Window + R button and type CMD to open the command prompt.
- Replace twrp-recovery.img with the exact name of your IMG file and enter the command
fastboot flash recovery twrp-Recovery.img
- Make sure to factory reset your device after the fresh installation of recovery.
If in case after the factory reset still you are unable to access the internal storage of Mi Mix 2S then you need to wipe the internal storage too.
before wiping you can take Nandroid backup of Mi Mix 2S and restore it later after wiping to prevent data loss. Save the TWRP backup fil in USB drive or in any storage media.
I have mentioned below how you can make a backup of polaris.
Create / Restore a Nandroid backup using Polaris TWRP (Mi Mix 2S TWRP) Recovery
It is better choice to have a Nandroid backup before installation of any mod or custom rom in Mi Mix 2S (Polaris).
For making a Nandroid backup using polaris TWRP recovery follow given steps-
- Poweroff polaris.
- Press Volume Up + Power button to boot into Recovery.
- Once polaris boots into Recovery. Go to Backup > Select the partitions for which you want to make backup,
Usually, most of the users ignore backup of vendor. If you are ignoring vendor partition then make sure it is not useful.
have a look on below-given steps & images to make Nandroid Backup of polaris using TWRP Recovery-
- After selecting the partitions swipe the slider to right side.
- Now hopefully the backup process is started wait for it to be finished.
- After making a successful backup of polaris Reboot to system.
How to Restore backup of Mi Mix 2S using TWRP Recovery
- Power off Mi Mix 2S (polaris).
- Hold power + volume-up button simultaneously to boot polaris into Recovery mode.
- After a successful boot into TWRP Recovery, Go to Restore> now select the partitions that you want to be restored.
Install Custom ROMs/ Gapps /Magisk Using Mi Mix 2S TWRP Recovery
Let’s know how you can install Gapps, magisk and custom ROMs in Mi Mix 2S using the polaris TWRP Recovery.
- Boot device into Recovery mode.
- Go to wipe.
if you are going to update the android version of Mi Mix 2S using TWRP Recovery or you are going to install the first custom rom then clean flash (Wipe internal storage) would be a better option.
- Select the partition Dalvik / ART Cache, System, Data, Cache, and select the internal storage partition if you want to clean all data of polaris.
- Swipe to wipe the partitions.
- Now, Go to the install section and browse the compatible custom rom for Mi Mix 2S.