If you are not a core user then you may not know that the Mi Mix 2S has a codename Polaris and i have referred the device using the Polaris codename.
There are many custom ROMs for Mi Mix 2S but this ROM is one of the most popular and probably the stable ones.
Provide polaris simple and stock android looks by installing this Custom ROM.
Pixel ROM comes with two versions that are basic version and Pixel Experience Plus Edition, you can download the available builds of your device form this post itself.
In case of any problem, do check out how to install Pixel Experience ROM in Mi Mix 2S using TWRP Recovery. The silly installing mistakes could result in serious boot loops.
So, let’s move towards some Mi Mix 2S pixel experience ROM features and download the latest build for polaris.
Requirements to use Pixel Experience in Mi Mix 2S
- TWRP recovery for polaris should have installed. (Mi Mix 2S TWRP Recovery)
- Download the compatible Pixel Experience ROM.
- Requires unlocked bootloader of Mi Mix 2S.
- Lazy flasher in case of any Bootloop.
- Must have 30% of battery.
Reasons to choose Pixel ROM for Mi Mix 2S?
- Pixel Experience Official builds have good stability.
- To get regular updates in Mi Mix 2S.
- Neat and clean UI.
- For updating the Android Version.
Features of Mi Mix 2S Pixel Experience ROM
As we already know that this doesn’t support the plenty of customization but still, we have a few basic customizations:-
- You can customize the style in polaris pixel Experience ROM as shown in the below images.
- Notification panel shortcuts available in this ROM.
- You can see some special and new features of polaris pixel experience ROM from Pixel tips.
- Now, you can use automatic caption in polaris pixel experience ROM.
Download Pixel Experience Mi Mix 2S ROM
You will get both basic and plus edition ROM from below Download Link –>
How to Update Pixel Experience in Mi Mix 2S
Consider a Nandroid Backup of polaris before wiping the partitions.
- Open settings < system < Updates and download the latest update for Mi Mix 2S.
- Boot your polaris into Recovery mode.
- Go to wipe section.
- Select DALVIK / ART CACHE and CACHE partitions and swipe rightwards to wipe.
- Go to Install and browse the Pixel Experience ROM package.
- Swipe right to flash the ROM.
- Now, your Mi Mix 2S should have updated successfully.
Create a Nandroid Backup of Mi Mix 2S Before Installing Pixel Experience
For creating a Nandroid Backup using TWRP Recovery follow all the given steps carefully -:)
- Power off Mi Mix 2S (polaris).
- Hold power and volume-up button simultaneously until you see the boot screen of polaris.
- Once the polaris boot in TWRP, open backup, now select the partitions of which you want to make a backup.
- After selecting the partitions swipe the slider to the right side.
- Now hopefully the backup process is started in Mi Mix 2S (polaris) wait for it to be finished.
- After making a successful backup reboot polaris to the system.
- Now, you can install pixel experience Mi Mix 2S ROM, if you get any issue while installation then you can restore the previous backup of Mi Mix 2S (polaris).
Install Pixel Experience In Mi Mix 2S Using TWRP Recovery
You should follow some given steps to install Pixel experience polaris ROM
- Boot TWRP Recovery.
- Tap on Wipe section.
- Select partition Dalvik / ART Cache, System, Data, Cache, and select the internal storage partition.
- Swipe right to wipe the partitions of Polaris.
- Now, get back to the installation section, and browse the compatible Pixel Experience ROM.
- After the successful installation of ROM on polaris tap on reboot system.
How to Root Pixel Experience Mi Mix 2S ROM?
- Power Off polaris.
- Hold the Volume up + Power button to boot polaris into TWRP recovery.
- Now go to the install section and flash the Magisk.
- Once the installation is done in Mi Mix 2S (polaris) tap on the reboot system.
- Now, you should have root access in Mi Mix 2S.
Use Google Camera in Pixel Experience Polaris ROM
If you have confirmed that your Pixel experience Mi Mix 2S ROM doesn’t have the support of camera2API, then follow the below-given steps-
If camera2API is Not Enabled in Pixel experience polaris ROM
- Download the Camera2API zip file.
- Boot Mi Mix 2S (Polaris) into recovery mode.
- Flash Camera2API.zip from Install section.
- Check again that camera2api support is enabled or not in Mi Mix 2S (Polaris) by using manual camera compatibility application.
- If camera2 api is enabled download and install gcam Mi Mix 2S apk.
If camera2api support is enabled in Pixel Experience Mi Mix 2S ROM
- Now, you need to download and install the google camera apk ports for your device.
If you have enabled the support of camera2api in Mi Mix 2S then you can use google camera MOD without any issues.