LineageOS is the most popular Custom ROM and it aims to provide super stability for all official build, in this post, I am going to explore its features and you are going to download LineageOS for your device.
This custom ROM doesn’t support many features as the resurrection remix but whatever the features this ROM had that is stable.
It is completely user’s choice of how he/she prioritize the Custom ROM? on the base of customization or stability.
However, I choose the custom ROM on the base of stability and let me know your choice in comments.
If you are a fan of custom ROM then you mush have heard about LineageOS and most probably you have used this Custom ROM too.
You may know that the LineageOS is contributing for many custom ROMs such as Resurrection Remix, Havoc OS, Arrow OS, crDroid, etc.
And this could be the only reason that the LineageOS is said to be King of custom ROMs.
This ROM is compiled with the help of AOSP source code only and rest of the features themes made by the developers itself.
Let’s move towards the changes in LineageOS 17.1 and download it for your device.
What is LineageOS?
LinageOS is the most popular third-party firmware or custom ROM which is compiled with the help os AOSP source Code. There are many custom ROMs available that are based on Lineage.
Donate to LineageOS
If you like LineageOS ROM then consider about to donate through Paypal.
Requirements to install LineageOS
- TWRP recovery or any custom recovery should have installed in your device. (Redmi 5 TWRP)
- Download the compatible LineageOS for your device.
- Lazy flasher in case of Bootloop.
- Must have unlocked bootloader of Redmi 5.
- Must have sufficient battery for 5 minutes screen on time.
Our Average Rating to LineageOS In the perspective of all Devices (Official Builds)
(Out of 10)
On the basis of Customization – 7.5/10
On the basis of stability – 9.5/10
Overall Rating– 9/10
Changes in LineageOS 17.1
- Android 10.
- WiFI display is added.
- Instead of webview chromium is added.
- New security patches.
- Now you can use fingerprint lock to protect apps with inbuilt Trebuchet Launcher.
- New custom screenshots to capture the selected area of the display.
- Themepicker app is added to change the fonts and icon view.
- Now On-screen fingerprint sensor is also available for all devices.
- The pop-up camera feature is also added for supported devices.
Features of lineageOS so far
- Android 10 – LineageOS 17.1 recently released android 10 support for all of its Builds.
- Inbuilt App Lock and Hider – LineageOS 17.1 has inbuilt support of app hiding and locking and as far as I know this is the first Custom ROM having this feature.
- Gestures– It is used to use the device in full screen even it removes the navigation bar too. Homescreen, back, recent can be open using edge gestures.
- Custom Screenshots – Now, it has the support of a custom screenshot, it enables the user to capture the selected area of the display. Same as we have seen in Resurrection Remix.
- On-Screen Fingerprint support – There were many devices having issues regarding the in-display fingerprint scanner. Now users can use the in-display fingerprint scanner after installing LineageOS 17.1 or above.
- Security Patch – You will get the latest version security patch obviously, as expected.
- Theme Picker – The app was added in LineageOS 17.1, you can change the font style and themes using this feature.
- Dark Theme – As we all know this feature is available since android 9.
- Notification Panel shortcuts – below I have attached some screenshots of the Notification panel.
- Split Screen – All most every custom ROM even stock Android is providing this feature. It is very useful for multi-tasking.
LineageOS Android 10 (Q)
Lineage added the support of Android 10 for its all 17 and 17.1 Builds. To update or downgrade your device to Android 10 (Q) you need to install either 17 or 17.1 builds.
LineageOS Android 9 (Pie)
To get install the Android 9 in your device you need to choose 16 or 16.1 builds.
How to Update Lineage ROM to the latest version?
- Open settings.
- Go to system < advanced.
- Choose the last option Updater.
- You will see there that update is available or not for your device.
How to Install LineageOS Using Custom Recovery (TWRP/RWRP/OFRP/Pitch Black)
Here we have mentioned some very basic steps to install LineageOS using Custom recovery.
- If you have enabled advance reboot option then you can boot directly to recovery Mode otherwise PowerOFF your device.
- Hold volume up +power Button simultaneously until you see the boot screen.
- Go to Wipe.
- Select partition Dalvik / ART Cache, System, Data, Cache, and select the internal storage partition.
- Now, Swipe right to wipe the partitions.
- Get back to the installation section.
- Browse the compatible Lineage ROM package for your device. Have a look at images that are given below.
- After the successful installation of ROM tap on reboot system.
First Install of Lineage ROM In Samsung devices?
- Boot your device to Recovery Mode.
- Tap on wipe.
- Select cache, data, and system partition.
- Swipe the right side to wipe the partitions.
- Sideload ROM zip file.
- Now, go to reboot > Recovery.
- After a successful boot into recovery install the Lineage zip file again.
- Once the ROM installed successfully, boot your device to the system.
How to Root LineageOS ROM?
- Poweroff your device or you can boot directly to recovery if you have advance reboot option.
- Hold the Volume up + Power button to boot into recovery.
- Go to the installation section, and browse the compatible magisk zip file for your android version.
- After the completing installation of magisk ZIP file tap on reboot system.
- Now, you should have root access in your device.
Thank you for visiting Game Is Tech!