If you are not a core user then you may not know that the Mi 9 Se has a codename Grus and i have referred the device using the Grus codename.
There are many custom ROMs for Mi 9 Se but this ROM is one of the most popular and probably the stable ones.
Provide grus simple and stock android looks by installing this Custom ROM.
Pixel ROM comes with two versions that are basic version and Pixel Experience Plus Edition, you can download the available builds of your device form this post itself.
In case of any problem, do check out how to install Pixel Experience ROM in Mi 9 Se using TWRP Recovery. The silly installing mistakes could result in serious boot loops.
So, let’s move towards some Mi 9 Se pixel experience ROM features and download the latest build for grus.
Requirements to use Pixel Experience in Mi 9 Se
- TWRP recovery for grus should have installed. (Mi 9 Se TWRP Recovery)
- Download the compatible Pixel Experience ROM.
- Requires unlocked bootloader of Mi 9 Se.
- Lazy flasher in case of any Bootloop.
- Must have 30% of battery.
Reasons to choose Pixel ROM for Mi 9 Se?
- Pixel Experience Official builds have good stability.
- To get regular updates in Mi 9 Se.
- Neat and clean UI.
- For updating the Android Version.
Features of Mi 9 Se Pixel Experience ROM
As we already know that this doesn’t support the plenty of customization but still, we have a few basic customizations:-
- You can customize the style in grus pixel Experience ROM as shown in the below images.
- Notification panel shortcuts available in this ROM.
- You can see some special and new features of grus pixel experience ROM from Pixel tips.
- Now, you can use automatic caption in grus pixel experience ROM.
Download Pixel Experience Mi 9 Se ROM
You will get both basic and plus edition ROM from below Download Link –>
How to Update Pixel Experience in Mi 9 Se
Consider a Nandroid Backup of grus before wiping the partitions.
- Open settings < system < Updates and download the latest update for Mi 9 Se.
- Boot your grus into Recovery mode.
- Go to wipe section.
- Select DALVIK / ART CACHE and CACHE partitions and swipe rightwards to wipe.
- Go to Install and browse the Pixel Experience ROM package.
- Swipe right to flash the ROM.
- Now, your Mi 9 Se should have updated successfully.
Create a Nandroid Backup of Mi 9 Se Before Installing Pixel Experience
For creating a Nandroid Backup using TWRP Recovery follow all the given steps carefully -:)
- Power off Mi 9 Se (grus).
- Hold power and volume-up button simultaneously until you see the boot screen of grus.
- Once the grus boot in TWRP, open backup, now select the partitions of which you want to make a backup.
- After selecting the partitions swipe the slider to the right side.
- Now hopefully the backup process is started in Mi 9 Se (grus) wait for it to be finished.
- After making a successful backup reboot grus to the system.
- Now, you can install pixel experience Mi 9 Se ROM, if you get any issue while installation then you can restore the previous backup of Mi 9 Se (grus).
Install Pixel Experience In Mi 9 Se Using TWRP Recovery
You should follow some given steps to install Pixel experience grus ROM
- Boot TWRP Recovery.
- Tap on Wipe section.
- Select partition Dalvik / ART Cache, System, Data, Cache, and select the internal storage partition.
- Swipe right to wipe the partitions of Grus.
- Now, get back to the installation section, and browse the compatible Pixel Experience ROM.
- After the successful installation of ROM on grus tap on reboot system.
How to Root Pixel Experience Mi 9 Se ROM?
- Power Off grus.
- Hold the Volume up + Power button to boot grus into TWRP recovery.
- Now go to the install section and flash the Magisk.
- Once the installation is done in Mi 9 Se (grus) tap on the reboot system.
- Now, you should have root access in Mi 9 Se.
Use Google Camera in Pixel Experience Grus ROM
If you have confirmed that your Pixel experience Mi 9 Se ROM doesn’t have the support of camera2API, then follow the below-given steps-
If camera2API is Not Enabled in Pixel experience grus ROM
- Download the Camera2API zip file.
- Boot Mi 9 Se (Grus) into recovery mode.
- Flash Camera2API.zip from Install section.
- Check again that camera2api support is enabled or not in Mi 9 Se (Grus) by using manual camera compatibility application.
- If camera2 api is enabled download and install gcam Mi 9 Se apk.
If camera2api support is enabled in Pixel Experience Mi 9 Se ROM
- Now, you need to download and install the google camera apk ports for your device.
If you have enabled the support of camera2api in Mi 9 Se then you can use google camera MOD without any issues.